Dienstag, 12. Oktober 2010

The joy of butter biscuits, autumn walks and owls

I made these incredibly delicous butter biscuits on an evening, to cheer me up.
It worked.
I think these are the best cookies I`ve ever made.
For your delightful cheerup you need:

125g butter
100g sugar
1 egg
200g (spelt) flour
juice and zest of two lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
flour for dusting

Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the flour, lemon, vanilla, baking powder and salt and mix until you have a ball of dough. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours, or until firm. 

Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
I just rolled the dough to a role, cut it into finger wide pieces, rolled them between my hands to circles and then flattend them a little.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and allow to cool.

Enjoy!!!


I think it`s a great recipe to experiment with.
I think I`m going to make some with cinnamon, soon.
You can replace the lemon with orange, or add some cinnamon or other spices and a little milk.
I`ll keep you posted!
I also made two fancy biscuits for my sister with buttercream and sprinkles, for desert.


I`m trying to go for a little walk twice a day, all by myself.
It helps me to relax and clear my mind, and of course the fresh air is very healthy.
I always take my camera with me, I love to "hide" behind my camera and see the world through the lense. It makes me feel more comfortable.


Today, something really special arrived with the mail.
I got a goodie package from my dear friend Eliza.
I love everything she sent, but I absolutely fell in love with this owl necklace.
I was looking for something like this for a long time, and now, a girl which just knows me through the internet got me one. It made me so happy!
I`m going to wear it every day and it`ll always remind me to be happy and take care of myself!


Isn`t it beautiful?

I also created a tumblr a few weeks ago, just to share some pictures and inspiration. I had no clue at first, but now I love it!
So, check it out and I would love to see yours, too (leave your link in a comment).

Love,
Lotta












Kommentare:

  1. hello dear, just stumbled upon your blog & i wanted to say i think it's lovely. those sprinkled sugar biscuits look adorable / amazing.

    && i want your shoes!

    <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. i love your photos!! :) the one with your shoes and the leaves is amazing and gosh, they biscuits are so pretty and look perfect!! :)
    i am SO happy we did that exchange together, you are wonderful..and i am so pleased you like the owl necklace, i knew you love owls :) + your package made me so happy to receive and the pin is stunning, you are sooo talented!
    i can't wait to meet you one day in real! love you so much, and so sorry to be commenting so late, i've been so busy :/

    love,
    xx
    eliza

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hey Lotta!

    I just found your blog through Eliza's blog, and let me say your photography is BEAUTIFUL! I love it :)

    I can't wait to read some of your older posts! It will help my German as well :)

    Scott

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Another Swiss blogger?! O.o
    I can't believe my eyes!! And not just another one but one that loves baking as much as I do?!
    Why didn't I find you sooner?! ;)
    Just read about your lovely package you've sent to E!
    Can't wait to read more... :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Hallo! Schön das du dir die Zeit nimmst und mir einen Kommentar hinterlässt.
Bloss nicht schüchter sein, ich freue mich sowieso! Wenn du mir sonst lieber (oder auch) auf anderem Wege eine Nachricht hinterlassen möchtest, tu das via sara.bisonni@bluewin.ch

<3