Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2010

Coconut macaroons and advent tea

Yesterday was time to open the first bag from my advent calendar.
What I found inside, was a little note which said : " S Gschänkli bim Mami abhole", that`s Swissgerman for " You have to pick up the present from Mom.". These notes are always used, if the present is to big for the bag (which always means it`s something good).
This is what I got



Another advent calendar, a different sort of tea with an individual name for each day.
My sister got the same one and we`re drinking our tea together, every afternoon...

I made some incredibly good coconut macaroons this morning.
You have to make these, it`s so easy and they`re delicious. 
And your whole appartment is going to smell like coconut!

Coconut macaroons


200g grated coconut
zest and juice of  one lime or lemon
60g flour
225g confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 egg whites

Carefully roast the coconut in a pan whitout fat until golden brown and let cool.


Beat the egg whites with one teaspoon of lemonjuice until stiff.
Fold in the coconut, lemonjuice, flour, sugar and vanilla.
Preheat oven to 180°C/350° F.
Place the batter with two teaspoons on a baking sheet with waxed paper and bake for 10 Minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy!


They also make a cute little present if you wrap them up like this!



Love,
Lotta






Kommentare:

  1. that tea looks so good! What a great idea for an advent calendar! I am so jealous ;)

    and that recipe is a must try I do believe ;)

    Scott

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Lotta, I'm expecting to see more stuff from the calendar now! I really liked the tea, what a nice idea. I haven't seen anything similar in Sweden, even though everyone is crazy about advent calenders up here!
    ps. I didn't know there were a special Swissgerman, I thought it was regular German.. Well, you learn new things every day!=)

    AntwortenLöschen

Hallo! Schön das du dir die Zeit nimmst und mir einen Kommentar hinterlässt.
Bloss nicht schüchter sein, ich freue mich sowieso! Wenn du mir sonst lieber (oder auch) auf anderem Wege eine Nachricht hinterlassen möchtest, tu das via sara.bisonni@bluewin.ch

<3