I needed little somethings to give to people, I`m not that close with..
That`s always a little difficult, because I want it to be personal but not too much.
So, I made caramels yesterday.
It`s a little tricky, but if you`ve done it right once, you`ve got it!
When I made them for the first time, I had to throw away 2 batches.
The first one was too soft and the second to hard...
But, the third time was a charm.
1 cup butter
2 cups honey
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1. Line bottom and sides of a 9inch square pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium high-heat.
3. Add honey, cream and sugar, stir to combine.Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches 250°F/120 °C on a candy thermometer.
5. Pour into prepared pan and let cool over night.
6. Cut the caramel into little squares and wrap them up in parchment paper.
1.Play with the ingridients...Use different honeys, or replace the sugar with brown or vanilla sugar.
You can add some vanilla extract, or espresso or something else, just in the end.
2. If you don`t have a thermometer, that isn`t a problem. I have one, but mine only goes to 100°C, so I just take a spoonful from the mixture (starting at 10-15 minutes of cooking), pour it on a little plate and put it in the fridge for a couple of minutes. This way, you can check if the consistency is the way you want it...
You have to cook the mixture between 20-40 Minutes.
3. For easy cutting put the caramel in the fridge over night.
So there you have a pretty, selfmade little holiday gift!
Have fun making them, and don`t be afraid, it`s going to work( the third time for sure!)!
And, thank you so much, for all your kind and encouraging words to my story, that really means so much to me!