Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2011

About sleeping and dipping...

So, I`m a really bad sleeper...
My mom always says, I slept perfectly good until I was 8 months, and then the horror began...
I normally go to bed late and get up early. I don`t need a lot of sleep, and I don`t like sleeping that much.
But right now, I`m trying to improve my sleeping habits. Last night I went to bed quite early and slept 8 hours and woke up around 7.30 this morning...so, I have to admit, I feel like I have more energy!
I think I`m going to do this everyday..at least I`ll try...

Well, as I felt pretty energetic this morning I was in the mood for some baking.
I made a Gugelhupf, that is german, and is just the name of cakes baked in this special cake pan with the whole in the middle.


Pretty, no?

You need:

225ml milk
200g butter/margarine
300g sugar
5 eggs
1 egg yolk
1tsp vanilla
400g flour
2.5 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoapowder

Directions:

Grease your cake pan with a little butter and set it aside. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Mix butter with sugar with an electric mixer for a few minutes. Stir in the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla.
In a different bowl, combine flour with baking powder.
Prepare milk and set 2 tablespoons aside for  later.
With a wooden spoon, carefully stir in milk and flour/bakingpowder.


Then put 2/3 of your batter in the cake pan.
Stir the cocoapowder and the milk in the remaining 1/3 of your batter.
Fill the cocoabatter also in your pan.


With a fork mix the cocoa and vanilla batter just a little, for the black and white pattern.
Bake for about 50 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for a bit. Then carefully turn your cake pan over the head and let the cake slide on a nice plate.
Dust with some icing sugar!


This cake is a perfect "dipping-in-coffee-cake".
I dip everything sweet in my coffee, that`s my favorite part of a the dessert.


 My darlings, tell me about your sleeping and dipping habits....
I`m curious..

Love,
Lotta

Kommentare:

  1. Hi there! Lovely blog! 8 Hours of sleep is perfect, more than 9 hours and less than 7 hours will make your day a slow and sleepy one. Happy New year to you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. i've got bizarre sleeping habits. i'll get 2 hours of sleep every night for a week, then sleep for a day. i can go with very little sleep, but it always catches up to me in a big way. sleep is just such a waste of time.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Welcome to my blog, Liz! Well, I thought of sleep as a waste of time my whole life...but n^know I`m really beginning to enjoy it...=)
    Love Lotta

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Welcome to my blog, Liz! Well, I thought of sleep as a waste of time my whole life...but n^know I`m really beginning to enjoy it...=)
    Love Lotta

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I seem to sleep in quite a bit later in the winter... It is just hard to get up in the cold!

    That cake looks amazing by the way :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Scott

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I find it easiest to sleep when it's raining outside. It makes my bed even cozier. By the way, I love your food pictures - your kitchen looks so bright and lovely!

    AntwortenLöschen

Hallo! Schön das du dir die Zeit nimmst und mir einen Kommentar hinterlässt.
Bloss nicht schüchter sein, ich freue mich sowieso! Wenn du mir sonst lieber (oder auch) auf anderem Wege eine Nachricht hinterlassen möchtest, tu das via sara.bisonni@bluewin.ch

<3