Mittwoch, 16. März 2011

Dinner for two


When you have a big family, like I do, it`s nice to be alone sometimes.
So it was the case, yesterday evening.
I took advantage of this situation and invited Tizi over for a little candle light dinner.






I sliced and roasted an eggplant and a zucchini with a little olive oil.
I cooked a nice tomato sauce, the secret is to let it simmer for at least 1 hour, to get the best taste.
And I made a bèchamel sauce (with butter, flour and milk).

Guess what I made?


That`s right, a Lasagne.

I love Lasagne, but whenever I make it, I feel frustrated because my Moms is always better.
So, I decided to make my own Lasagne, without meat but with eggplant and zucchini.
I just layered bèchamel sauce, pastry sheets, tomato sauce and vegetables, sprinkled some grated parmesan on top and put it in the oven for 35 minutes.
Done!

Well, I had kind of a nervous breakdown, when I looked in the Lasagne pastry sheet box and only found 4 sheets. We normally have those around, but nooo, not this time!
The stores were already closed and I just wanted to cry!
But hey, cooking means improvising and being creative! 
So, I got up , broke the 4 sheets in little pieces and made a Lasagne with just two layers.

And it was delicious.


Love,
Lotta

1 Kommentar:

  1. Sounds tasty! I always use cottage cheese instead of bechamel sauce, so yummy!

    Love your blog by the way :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Hallo! Schön das du dir die Zeit nimmst und mir einen Kommentar hinterlässt.
Bloss nicht schüchter sein, ich freue mich sowieso! Wenn du mir sonst lieber (oder auch) auf anderem Wege eine Nachricht hinterlassen möchtest, tu das via sara.bisonni@bluewin.ch

<3